We’re officially smack-dab in the middle of summer, and there’s a whole lot going on in shaving, summer holidays and activities, and new movies we’re looking forward to (which may or may not involve one James Bond).
Read on for all the latest happening this August.
- Not necessarily a new story, but fascinating nonetheless – women are shaving their faces for the exfoliation benefits. (ABC News)
- In a crowded men’s grooming industry, you’ve got to stand out. That’s exactly why Erik Hodges invented Douglas Smythe, a fictional character with a seaman’s cap, pipe, and anchor-beard who has become a Youtube hit. (Forbes)
- Jack Osbourne surprises his daughter Pearl with a freshly shaven face. (Daily Mail UK)
- August 9th is Book Lover’s Day. Choose a couple from Time’s Best Books List of 2015 So Far and get on it. (Time)
- We’ve still got a month and a half left of summer. Make the most of it and take that road trip you’ve been dreaming about. Here are 10 road trips that will make your summer spectacular. (Fodors)
- Cleanup is our least favorite part of summer barbecuing. Nip the issue in the bud with edible bowls. (Food Network)
- A new trailer is out for SPECTRE, the latest James Bond movie. (007)