By now you’re probably brushing the grates of your grill and tidying up your backyard in preparation for the festivities happening this weekend. There’s nothing quite like spending a nice summer evening grilling for friends and family while enjoying the patriotic burst and pop of fireworks. Since the 4th of July is only a few days away, today’s Best of the Web is all about how to make your 4th dazzling.
All of us at RoyalShave hope you have a great Independence Day!
1. Just don’t burn yourself – a buyer’s guide to fireworks, because if you’re going to do it, you might as well do it right (Men’s Journal)
2. Celebrating the 4th means gathering with friends and family and usually going to town on high-calorie treats. Indulge without putting a spare tire around your belly with these 11 guilt-free treats. (Delish)
3. …But should you choose to indulge, check out 100 Ways to Top a Burger that’ll make your standby beef + cheese + lettuce combo lower its head in shame. A steak burger with fried onions and steak sauce? Now we’re talking. (Delish)
4. A few more 4th of July recipes we’re fond of, in case you’re looking to try something new. Sesame seed buns, an Italian Sausage burger, and more. (Community Table)
5. No party is complete without festive drinks. Get ideas for drinks both liquor imbued (Rhum Swizzle) and liquor free (a creamy and cooling Horchata Milk Shake). (Food & Wine)
6. Want to look good at the BBQ but don’t want to devote every other minute to checking if your hair is in place? Then the textured crop is for you. (Pomades Blog)
7. Food for thought while you’re chowing down outdoors – here are 6 food groups that provide natural sunscreen. (Greatist)
8. In case you get sunburned, here’s how to fix it, stat. (Greatist)